Tikka Chicken Satay with Mangoes
This recipe suggestion is from Marion Meyer, one of our subscribers. We suggest you brown the whole chicken breasts first before slicing; this method gives flavour without dryness.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Ina Paarman's Chicken Spice
- canola or sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ t (2,5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 red bell peppers cut into strips
- 3 cloves of garlic finely sliced
- 1 - 2 T (15 - 30 ml) crunchy peanut butter
- 2 t (10 ml) grated fresh ginger
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Tikka Curry Coat & Cook Sauce
- 1 large or 2 small mangoes peeled and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman's Coriander Pesto
Season the chicken fillets well on both sides with the Chicken Spice and drizzle lightly with oil. Preheat a heavy based frying pan. Add the chicken and brown on both sides, remove from the pan and leave on the side.
Add a little more oil to the pan, if needed, and sauté the onion, seasoned with Green Onion Seasoning, over medium heat. Add the bell peppers and garlic. Stir fry for 2 – 3 minutes. Add peanut butter.
Add the ginger, Tikka Sauce, mangoes and water. Slice the browned breasts into 1 cm wide slices against the grain. Add chicken strips to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Drizzle the Coriander Pesto over the dish and serve with rice and sambal salads.
When fresh mangoes are out of season, use 1 very firm papino or pawpaw.