Tofu Grain Bowl with Vegetables
These Bulgar Grain bowls with marinated tofu and a blend of interesting vegetables are a real treat and have great appetite appeal, because we infused everything with flavour.
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Peppers
- ¼ cup (60 ml) reserved Pepper marinade
- 2 T (30 ml) honey
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- 350 g firm tofu, cut into ± 1½ cm blocks
- remaining reserved Pepper marinade
- 1½ cups (375 ml) very finely shredded red cabbage
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 200 g broccoli florets
- 2 T (30 ml) canola oil
- 1 cup (250 ml) Bulgar wheat
- 1 ½ T (22.5 ml) Ina Paarmans Vegetable Stock Powder
- 6 cups (1.250 litre) boiling water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) Ina Paarman’s Creamy Herb Dressing
Snip the corner of the pack of Char-grilled Peppers and pour out ¼ cup (60 ml) of the marinade. Add honey together with Chilli & Garlic Seasoning, stir to mix. Pour into a plastic bag.
Add tofu blocks and shake gently to coat. Marinate overnight or at least for a few hours.
Pour off the remaining marinade into a medium size mixing bowl and bring to a fast boil in the microwave.
Immediately add all the shredded cabbage, toss and season lightly with Vegetable Spice.
Stir-fry the broccoli in a little oil until bright green. Add 2 T (30 ml) of water, cover with a lid and steam-cook for 2 – 3 minutes until just tender and bright green. Season lightly with Vegetable Spice and keep on one side.
Add Bulgar wheat and Vegetable Stock Powder to the boiling water.
Cook for 8 minutes until tender. Drain, return to saucepan and toss with Creamy Herb Dressing.
Divide the Bulgar wheat between the bowls.
Top with Peppers, tofu, cabbage and broccoli
Instead of Bulgar wheat use nutty brown rice, couscous or quinoa.
Instead of tofu use feta or halloumi cheese.