Tomato and Mushroom Pasta Bake
This bake has saved me on many Meatless Mondays when we have mushrooms in the fridge left over from the weekend.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 cups (500 ml) of raw short macaroni
- 1 - 2 T (15 ml - 30 ml) olive oil
- 1½ t (7.5 ml) Ina Paarman's Pasta Spice
- 1 x 400 ml Ina Paarman's Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- ½ T (7.5 ml) butter
- 1 T (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 200 g Ina Paarman's Ready to Serve Cheese Sauce
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh breadcrumbs
- ½ cup (125 ml) grated cheese
- Ina Paarman’s Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
Boil the pasta for 8 minutes until nearly done. Drain, return pasta to the saucepan, toss with olive oil and season with Pasta Spice. Stir in the Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce. Leave on one side.
Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 180°C.
Heat the butter until foamy and add the oil. Season the chopped onion with Green Onion Seasoning. Stir-fry onion in oil/butter combination until golden. Add mushrooms and stir-fry just until they start drawing water. Add cooked macaroni.
Dish the pasta into a medium ovenproof dish. Squeeze the Cheese Sauce over. Mix together the breadcrumbs and grated cheese, sprinkle over the top and finish off with a little Chilli & Garlic Seasoning.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes until nicely browned.
Serve with a tossed salad, dressed with our Reduced Oil Greek Dressing.