Tomato and Pepper Salad Cups
Pretty to look at and refreshing to eat! A tomato salad with a difference.
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 - 6 medium very ripe red tomatoes
- Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Char-grilled Peppers
- 2 wheels feta cheese, cubed
- ½ cup (125 ml) Kalamata olives, pipped and halved
- microherbs or fresh basil
Pour boiling water over the tomatoes and peel them.
Slice the tomatoes in half through the waist.
Hollow out the tomato halves (freeze the pulp to use in stew, soup, etc.).
Season the inside of the halves with Vegetable Spice.
Drain the Char-grilled Peppers, but reserve the Vinaigrette.
Toss the peppers, feta cubes and olives together and divide between the tomato halves.
Spoon a tablespoon of the reserved pepper marinade over each tomato cup.
Sprinkle over microherbs or torn basil leaves.