Tuna Bake with Chip Topping
Delicious for a main meal, leftovers make a great lunchbox filler.
YOU WILL NEED
- chopping board
- small sharp knife
- tin opener
- pair of scissors
- small frying pan
- wooden spoon
- medium small oven proof dish
- oven gloves
- 1 x 75 g pkt of Instant Noodles (don’t use spice inside*)
- 1 cup (250 ml) boiling water
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 170 g shredded tuna in oil
- 1 T (15 ml) oil from tuna
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Vegetable Spice
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas
- 1 x 200 ml Ina Paarman’s Ready to Serve Mushroom or Cheese Sauce
- 1 pkt of Cheese & Onion chips
Adjust the oven shelf to the middle position and preheat the oven to 180°C.
Cover the noodles with boiling water and allow to stand for a few minutes while sautéing the onion.
Gently sauté the chopped onion, seasoned with Vegetable Spice, in the tuna oil until soft.
Add drained noodles and stir through. Add tuna, breaking it up gently with a fork. Add peas and Mushroom or Cheese Sauce and mix through. Dish tuna mixture into a medium ovenproof dish and level the top.
Crush the chips with your hands while still in the packet to break them up.
Sprinkle the crushed chips over the tuna.
Bake for ± 30 minutes. Serve with a green salad.
The spice mixture is often laced with MSG and our Vegetable Spice is a much healthier option.