Ultra Moist Bar-One Chocolate Cake
Bake this cake in 2 x 18 cm pans for a high glamorous looking cake. One of our homegrown traditional South African specials!
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 extra large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) canola oil
- 2 t (10 ml) coffee granules to make 1 cup (250 ml) hot black coffee
- 1 x 650 g Ina Paarman's Chocolate Cake Mix
- 2 x 55 g Bar-One chocolates, cut into slivers
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh cream
- 55 g Bar-One, cut into slivers
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman's Chocolate Icing Kit
- 125 g butter at room temperature
Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C.
Butter two 18 cm cake pans and line the bases with baking paper.
Mix cake according to package instructions. Stir in the Bar-One slivers.
Divide mixture evenly between 2 cake pans.
Bake for 35 minutes. Leave the cakes to cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
Turn out onto a cooling rack and leave until cold.
Warm the cream to just below boiling point.
Add Bar-One slivers, remove from heat and stir until dissolved. Be patient, as it takes a while to melt.
Leave to cool.
Mix icing according to package instructions.
Ice one layer of the cake and drizzle over about one third of the Bar-One glaze.
Place the second cake on top. Ice top layer with remaining icing and drizzle with remaining Bar-One glaze.
Feather with the point of a sosatie stick.