Wilted Leeks and Cabbage
Make this dish when both leeks and cabbage are at their very best!
YOU WILL NEED
- 4 medium size leeks, well washed and sliced into fine rings
- 1t (5ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 2 T (30ml) butter or olive oil
- 1 medium cabbage, remove core and slice finely
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 2 t (10ml) Ina Paarman's Chicken Stock Powder
- Ina Paarman's Vegetable Spice to taste
- grating of nutmeg
Wash and slice the leeks finely into rings – use the best of the green part as well. Season leeks with Green Onion Seasoning.
Heat the butter until foamy in a fry pan (with lid) or medium size saucepan. Add leeks and stir-fry for 1minute. Add shredded cabbage and stir-fry for another minute. Add water and Chicken Stock Powder, half cover with a lid and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until cabbage is tender but still green. Taste for seasoning and add nutmeg.