Camp Fire Cooking
The biggest treat when camping, is to enjoy slow cooked food around the fire. Everything tastes better when eaten outdoors.
Order of Work
- Meringues – make at home.
- Rub meat with vinegar and leave overnight.
- Make biltong balls.
On the day
- Mix the bread and leave to prove.
- Make the fire and start preparing and cooking the potjie.
- Soak the dried fruit.
- Add the bread potjie to the coals.
- Prepare cabbage parcel.
- Cut up oranges and add liqueur.
- Put cabbage parcel on fire.
- Cook dried fruit.
- Finish off and serve biltong platter with bread.
- Finish off the potjie and serve with cabbage, dried fruit and bread or pap.
- Serve oranges and meringues.
- Make and serve coffee.
- Enjoy the pleasures of outdoor cooking. Everything tastes better when eaten outside!