Oriental at Home
Too cold to go out to fetch a take away? Invite another couple and have a cosy meal at home in front of the fire.
A lovely menu to cook at the last minute, provided you do some preparation beforehand. See our order of work and shopping list.
Order of Work
- Make Turkish Delight Cheesecake and refrigerate overnight.
- Make Soup. It improves with standing.
- Pre-cook rice and add Seasonings.
- Pre slice all vegetables, cover and refrigerate.
- Mix all the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce.
- Cube chicken and toss with Seasoning and cornflour. Mix the batter but do not add egg white yet.
- Tidy the kitchen and wash up.
Just before serving
- 1st Course: Warm the Soup, add garnishes and serve - take a break.
- Main Course: Get guests or family to help in the kitchen.
- Main Course: Stir-fry the vegetables.
- Main Course: Finish off the rice.
- Main Course: Whip the egg-white, fold into the batter.
- Main Course: Dip and fry the chicken - serve straight away.
- Dessert: Unmould Cheesecake, slice, decorate and serve with green tea.