Makes 16 brownies. Contents of the box weigh 550g.
Click here for a link to all our Bake Mix video tutorials.
Sugar, Wheat flour (Gluten), Chocolate chips (9 %) (Sugar, Cocoa mass, Cocoa butter, Soya lecithin, Flavouring), Cocoa powder, Corn starch, Malt extract powder (Malted barley (Gluten), Water), Raising agent, Salt, Flavouring, Yeast extract.
Dry Mix: Wheat, Gluten, Soya
Added Ingredients: Cow’s milk, Egg
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
EGGS: 2 extra large or jumbo eggs
BUTTER: ¼ cup (60 g) butter, melted
OIL: ½ cup (125 ml) Canola or Sunflower oil
MILK: ½ cup (125 ml) hot full cream milk
PANS & EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
- 20 cm x 20 cm OR 22 cm x 22 cm square cake pan
- Electric beater
Adjust oven rack to middle position
Bake for 35 – 35 min at 180°C
ILLUSTRATED ON FRONT OF BOX
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare the pan, see illustrated instructions below.
- Beat eggs, melted butter and oil together for 30 seconds on high speed until well blended.
- Add milk and beat until well blended on medium speed.
- Add dry mixture and chocolate chips, fold in carefully with a spatula. Blend until just combined, do not beat, folding by hand gives the best result.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Brownies are done when a thin-bladed knife inserted into the centre comes out clean or brownies pull away slightly from the sides of the pan. Don’t overcook brownies, the must still be moist inside.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Lift out, using the paper overhang as handles. Place the brownie slab on a cooling rack. Do not cut until brownies have cooled.
- Cut into 16 squares.
TESTED IN A 650 & 750 WATT OVEN
- Use a 22 cm x 22 cm micro dish lined with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Cook on high for 4 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes (in microwave with the door closed).
- Finish brownies with a final 3 minutes on high.
- Rest in the dish for 10 minutes to firm before lifting out with the baking paper overhang to help you.
Add 2 t (10 ml) of cayenne pepper to Brownie Mix and decorate with chilli flavoured ganache, see the recipe.
Bake Brownies in a swissroll pan and spread with a condensed milk fudge layer before cutting. See the recipe.
Add peanuts and popcorn to Brownie Mixture. See 1 minute video and recipe.