Makes 1 x 2 layer cake or 18 cupcakes.
Chocolate Icing not included.
Contents of the box weigh 650g.
Click here for a link to all our Bake Mix video tutorials.
Sugar, Wheat flour (Gluten), Corn starch, Cocoa powder, Raising agents, Salt, Flavourings, Yeast extract.
Dry Mix: Wheat, Gluten
Added Ingredients: Egg
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
EGGS: 3 extra large or jumbo eggs
OIL: 1 cup (250 ml) Canola or Sunflower oil
COFFEE: 2 t (10 ml) coffee granules to make 1 cup (250 ml) fresh hot coffee
PANS & EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 springform tube pan 23 cm x 7 cm or 2 x 20 cm or 2 x 22 cm cake pans or 1 x 12 cup muffin pan for cupcakes 7 cm x 3 cm deep
- Electric beater
Adjust oven rack to middle position
Tube Cake: Bake for 35 – 40 min at 180°C
Layer Cakes: Bake for 30 – 35 min at 180°C
Cupcakes: Bake for 15 – 20 min at 190°C
ILLUSTRATED ON FRONT OF BOX
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter pan/s generously and line bases with baking paper or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and oil for 30 seconds on high speed until well blended.
- Add hot black coffee and beat until blended.
- Add contents of pack and gently mix in by hand with a spatula. Mix only until combined.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan/s.
- Bake at 180°C. See baking times in left panel. Cake is done when a thin-bladed knife inserted in the centre comes out clean or cake pulls away slightly from the sides of the pan.
- Cool cake in a pan for 10 minutes. Turn out on a cooling rack. Do not ice until cake is completely cool.
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES – MAKES 18 CUPCAKES
Line a muffin pan with paper cups and fill 2/3 full with cake batter.
TESTED IN A 650 AND 750 WATT OVEN
- Use a 22 cm x 8 cm funnelled micro dish lined with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes (in microwave).
- Finish cake with a final 4 minutes on high.
- Rest in the dish for 10 minutes to firm before turning out.
One of our best loved party treats.
View recipe and 1 minute video.