Makes 1 x 2 layer cake or 18 cupcakes.
Chocolate Icing not included.
Contents of the box weigh 650g.
Sugar, Wheat flour (Gluten), Corn starch, Cocoa powder, Raising agents, Salt, Flavourings, Yeast extract.
Dry Mix: Wheat, Gluten
Added Ingredients: Egg
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
EGGS: 3 extra large or jumbo eggs
OIL: 1 cup (250 ml) Canola or Sunflower oil
COFFEE: 2 t (10 ml) coffee granules to make 1 cup (250 ml) fresh hot coffee
PANS & EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 springform tube pan 23 cm x 7 cm or 2 x 20 cm or 2 x 22 cm cake pans or 1 x 12 cup muffin pan for cupcakes 7 cm x 3 cm deep
- Electric beater
Adjust oven rack to middle position
Tube Cake: Bake for 35 – 40 min at 180°C
Layer Cakes: Bake for 30 – 35 min at 180°C
Cupcakes: Bake for 15 – 20 min at 190°C
ILLUSTRATED ON FRONT OF BOX
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter pan/s generously and line bases with baking paper or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs and oil for 30 seconds on high speed until well blended.
- Add hot black coffee and beat until blended.
- Add contents of pack and gently mix in by hand with a spatula. Mix only until combined.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan/s.
- Bake at 180°C. See baking times in left panel. Cake is done when a thin-bladed knife inserted in the centre comes out clean or cake pulls away slightly from the sides of the pan.
- Cool cake in a pan for 10 minutes. Turn out on a cooling rack. Do not ice until cake is completely cool.
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES – MAKES 18 CUPCAKES
Line a muffin pan with paper cups and fill 2/3 full with cake batter.
TESTED IN A 650 AND 750 WATT OVEN
- Use a 22 cm x 8 cm funnelled micro dish lined with absorbent kitchen paper.
- Cook on high for 5 minutes. Leave to stand for 5 minutes (in microwave).
- Finish cake with a final 4 minutes on high.
- Rest in the dish for 10 minutes to firm before turning out.
One of our best loved party treats.
View recipe and 1 minute video.