INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
EGGS: 3 extra large or jumbo eggs
OIL: ½ cup (125 ml) Canola or Sunflower oil
YOGHURT*: 1 cup (250 ml) plain yoghurt or buttermilk
MILK*: 1 cup (250 ml) hot full cream milk
*Kosher households can replace the yoghurt & milk with 2 cups coconut milk or apple juice.
PANS & EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 x 12 cup muffin pan, well buttered. Size of cups: 7 cm x 3 cm
- Electric beater
Adjust oven rack to middle position.
Bake for 30 – 35 min
RAISIN & BRAN MUFFINS ILLUSTRATED ON FRONT OF BOX
- Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 180°C. Butter muffin pans or make your own baking paper muffin cups.
- Remove the raisin bag from the foil bag and pour boiling water over the raisins to plump them up. Drain immediately and set aside to swell.
- Beat eggs and oil together for 30 seconds on high speed until well blended. Add yoghurt and milk and beat until well blended. Add contents of pack and drained plumped raisins and stir by hand with a spatula ± 40 times until uniformly blended. (Do not beat.)
- Spoon mixture into buttered muffin pan/s or paper muffin cups.
- Bake for about 35 minutes. Serve with butter and honey, jam or cheese.
CHRISTMAS MUFFINS WITH CRANBERRIES
Hydrate raisins (in pack) and ½ cup (125 ml) dried cranberries in ½ cup (125 ml) sherry or orange juice. Mix muffins according to instructions using the full complement of yoghurt and milk. Fold in soaked mixture of raisins, cranberries and sherry. Drizzle cooled muffins with Glacé Icing, top with extra cranberries and dust with icing sugar.
1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Vanilla Icing Kit
2 – 3 T (30 – 45 ml) of boiling water and 2 t (10 ml) lemon juice
Mix the Vanilla Icing Mix with the boiling water and lemon juice.
Drizzle over muffins.
Not recommended unless baked in a convection microwave.