Lamb Necks on the braai
This is one of my best discoveries! With the price of lamb chops skyrocketing, you can still get your lamb fix using a more economical cut. Delicious!
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 whole lamb necks, each cut lengthwise into 2 pieces
- Ina Paarman’s Rosemary & Olive Seasoning
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 whole head of garlic, cut in half through the waist
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 2 T (30 ml) Ina Paarman’s Beef Flavour Stock Powder
- Ina Paarman’s Barbeque Marinade
- grilled lemon wedges
- fresh rosemary
Adjust oven rack to one slot below the middle. Preheat oven to 160°C.
Place meat (seasoned lightly with Rosemary & Olive Seasoning) into an oval casserole dish with a lid. Add onion, garlic, rosemary, water and Stock Powder. Bake for 2 hours until very tender.
Leave to cool down in the stock. Best done the day before.
Prepare a medium fire. Remove the necks from the stock and coat with Barbeque Marinade. Braai slowly, while turning and basting regularly with Marinade, until brown and crispy on the outside.
The stock can be frozen and used for a soup, in a potjie or lamb curry.