Slimmer’s Vegetable Broth with Cabbage
This soup is quick to prepare if you have a food processor to do the grating and slicing.
YOU WILL NEED
- 3 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 large onion, grated or finely chopped
- 2 large celery sticks, finely sliced (optional)
- 2 large leeks, finely sliced
- a generous handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1 small red or green cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ bunch of spinach, well washed and finely shredded
- 6 T (90 ml) Ina Paarman's Vegetable Stock Powder
- 12 cups (3 litres) boiling water
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Green Onion Seasoning
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman's Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Put all prepared vegetables in a big saucepan. Sprinkle the Stock Powder over and add the boiling water and Green Onion Seasoning. Boil for 25 minutes. Add Garlic and Herb Seasoning to taste. If preferred you can liquidise the soup to get a smooth texture. Keep some in the fridge and freeze the rest in portion sizes. Microwave and serve hot.
This soup can serve as a meal replacement once or twice a day.