This traditional classic South African favourite, never goes out of fashion. Delicious served with Parmesan Melba Toast.
YOU WILL NEED
- 200 g good quality smoked snoek
- 250 g full cream cottage cheese
- 1 T (15 ml) lemon juice
- 2 t (10 ml) Ina Paarman's Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- ½ t (2.5 ml) Ina Paarman's Chilli & Garlic Seasoning
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ cup (125 ml) fresh cream
Carefully remove skin and all the bones from the snoek and flake. Blend all ingredients, except cream in a food processor. Whip cream and fold into mixture. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with Parmesan Melba Toast. Snoek Paté has a fridge life of 1 week. It should not be frozen. If you prefer a pinker colour, increase Tomato Pesto to 2 ½ t (12.5 ml). Cover with cling film and refrigerate until serving time.