Strawberry Ice Cream Loaf
This is a delightfully smooth and creamy pink ice cream. The Cheesecake Mix stabilises the dessert and prevents the formation of ice crystals but the taste is pure strawberry! With this recipe you don’t need an ice cream machine to get that professional texture.
YOU WILL NEED
- 800 g strawberries, washed, hulled and cut into halves lengthways. Reserve some of the best halves for a garnish
- ½ cup (125 ml) strawberry jam
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
- 1 x 250 g Ina Paarman’s Lemon Flavour Cheesecake Mix
- 2 cups (500 ml) fresh whipping cream
- a few drops of red food colouring
Reserve about 1 cup of the best strawberry halves to garnish. Liquidise the remaining berries until smooth. Add the strawberry jam, water and Cheesecake Mix and wizz it all together to form a smooth mixture.
Whip the cream until firm and fold into the strawberry mixture. Add a few drops of red food colouring if you want to emphasise the strawberry.
Line 1 loaf pan, 34 cm x 6 cm x 7 cm deep and one 28 cm x 11 cm x 7 cm deep, or 2 smaller pans of 28 cm x 11 cm x 7 cm deep, with a double layer of cling film. Pour the ice cream into the pans and freeze overnight or up to two weeks before needed.
Remove from the freezer ½ hour before serving time and leave at room temperature. Decorate with fresh strawberries and serve in slices.