Makes 30-35 cookies. Contents of the box weigh 390g.
Click here for a link to all our Bake Mix video tutorials.
Wheat flour (Gluten), Sugar, Chocolate chips (20 %) (Sugar, Cocoa mass, Cocoa butter, Soya lecithin, Flavouring), Corn starch, Raising agent, Flavouring.
Dry Mix: Wheat, Gluten, Soya
Added Ingredients: Cow’s milk, Egg
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED
EGGS: 1 extra large or jumbo egg
BUTTER: 1/2 cup (125 g) butter at room temperature
PANS & EQUIPMENT YOU WILL NEED
- Large flat oven baking tray, lined with baking paper OR use a non-stick baking tray
- Electric beater
Always bake biscuits higher up in the oven, one or two slots above the middle position. Bake for 10-12 min.
ILLUSTRATED ON FRONT OF BOX
- Adjust oven rack to one or two slots above the middle shelf. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line one large or two smaller baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Add the egg and one tablespoon of dry mixture and keep on beating for about 30 seconds.
- Open the small pack with chocolate chips. Add the remaining dry cookie mix and the chocolate chips to the butter and egg mixture.
- Use the electric beater on its slowest speed or a spatula to blend the ingredients together. When a crumbly mixture forms, use your hands to lightly bring everything together.
- Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture rolled into balls 3 cm apart on the prepared trays.
- Flatten the cookies with the bottom of a glass or a fork. Press down quite firmly so they end up being about ½ cm thick. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the baking tray from the oven and leave the cookies on the baking tray to firm up before gently lifting them onto a cooling rack. Allow the cookies to cool down completely before storing in an airtight container.
Reserve 1 T (15 ml) of the dry mix or us a little flour for dipping the bottom of the glass or a fork before flattening the cookies. The flour will prevent sticking.
Not recommended unless baked in a convection microwave – in which case follow normal oven baking instructions.
COFFEE COOKIES: Add 2 T (30 ml) of instant coffee granules to the dry mix. Before baking, top each cookie with a whole coffee bean and press down lightly.
MALTED CHOCOLATE COOKIES: Add 2 T (30 ml) of Milo to the dry mix. When baked, decorate each cookie with a blog of melted dark chocolate. Top the chocolate, while still soft, with malted chocolate balls.
COCONUT BISCUITS: Add ¼ cup (60 ml) of desiccated coconut at the same time as the chocolate chips.
CHOCOLATE SANDWICH COOKIES: Melt 90 g chocolate over warm water in a smaller mixing bowl. Sandwich the cookies together with melted chocolate.